Powered By Blogger
www.skinpacks.com

April 27, 2012

Reported Speech – Exercise

Reported Speech – Exercise 1.

1. Simon said, "I'll bring a new book for the English lesson."
    Simon said that he ………………………………....a new book for the English lesson.
2. Thomas promised, "I will help you find the key for the puzzle."
    Thomas promised that he ……………………….me find the key for the puzzle.
3. Mr Parker told me, "You will get an E if you don't learn more."
    Mr Parker told  me that  I …………………………an E if I …………………............more.
4. The teacher informed us, "The test is very easy."
    The teacher informed us      that the test ………………………………very easy.
5. My father shouted, "This is the most boring thing I have ever heard!"
    My father shouted that ………………..….the most boring thing he………………...
6. He whispered, "He has bought himself a skateboard and a hamburger."
    He whispered that he ………………………….himself a skateboard and a hamburger.
7. She said him , "I love you so much."
    She confessed she ………………………………….him so much."
8. He instructed me quickly, "When the man comes out you must run!"
    He instructed me quickly that when the man ……………………out I ………………run.
9. A terrible voice cried in the hall, "You must help me."
   A terrible voice cried in the hall that we ………………………………help her.

Exercise 2 – Requests (positive)

Complete the sentences in reported speech. Note the change of pronouns in some sentences.
1.    "Stop talking, Joe," the teacher said.
→ The teacher told Joe ……………..
2.    "Be patient," she said to him.
→ She told him ……………………
3.    "Go to your room," her father said to her.
→ Her father told her ……………….
4.    "Hurry up," she said to us.
→ She told us ………………………..


5.    "Give me the key," he told her.
→ He asked her ………………
6.    "Play it again, Sam," she said.
→ She asked Sam …………………
7.    "Sit down, Caron" he said.
→ He asked Caron ……………
8.    "Fill in the form, Sir," the receptionist said.
→ The receptionist asked the guest ……………….
9.    "Take off your shoes," she told us.
→ She told us ………………
10. "Mind your own business," she told him.
→ She told him ……………….


Exercise 2 – Requests (negative)

Complete the sentences in reported speech. Note the change of pronouns in some sentences.
1.    "Don't touch it," she said to him.
→ She told him …………..
2.    "Don't do that again," he said to me.
→ He told me …………..
3.    "Don't talk to me like that," he said.
→ He told her ………….
4.    "Don't repair the computer yourself," she warned him.
→ She warned him ……….
5.    "Don't let him in," she said.
→ She told me …………..
6.    "Don't go out without me," he begged her.
→ He begged her ………….
7.    "Don't forget your bag," she told me.
→ She told me ……………
8.    "Don't eat in the lab," the chemistry teacher said.
→ The chemistry teacher told his students ……………
9.    "Don't give yourself up," he advised her.
→ He advised her …………….
10. "Don't hurt yourselves, boys," she said.
→ She told the boys …………..














 

Exercise 3 – Requests (mixed)

Complete the sentences in reported speech. Note the change of pronouns in some sentences.
1.    She said, "Go upstairs."
→ She told me ………………
2.    "Close the door behind you," he told me.
→ He told me …………………
3.    "Don't be late," he advised us.
→ He advised us ………………
4.    "Stop staring at me," she said.
→ She told him ………………..
5.    "Don't be angry with me," he said.
→ He asked her ……………….
6.    "Leave me alone," she said.
→ She told me ………………..
7.    "Don't drink and drive," she warned us.
→ She warned us ………………
8.    "John, stop smoking," she said.
→ She told John …………………
9.    "Don't worry about us," they said.
→ They told her ………………….
10. "Meet me at the cinema." he said.
→ He asked me …………………..

Mixed Exercise 1

Complete the sentences in reported speech. Note whether the sentence is a request, a statement or a question.
1.    He said, "I like this song."
→ He said ……………………….
2.    "Where is your sister?" she asked me.
→ She asked me …………………
3.    "I don't speak Italian," she said.
→ She said ……………………….
4.    "Say hello to Jim," they said.
→ They asked me ………………
5.    "The film began at seven o'clock," he said.
→ He said ……………………….



6.    "Don't play on the grass, boys," she said.
→ She told the boys ………………..
7.    "Where have you spent your money?" she asked him.
→ She asked him …………………..
8.    "I never make mistakes," he said.
→ He said …………………..
9.    "Does she know Robert?" he wanted to know.
→ He wanted to know ……………….
10. "Don't try this at home," the stuntman told the audience.
→ The stuntman advised the audience ……………………














Mixed Exercise 2

Complete the sentences in reported speech. Note whether the sentence is a request, a statement or a question and whether you have to change the tenses or not.
1.   "I was very tired," she said.
→ She said ……………………..
2.   "Be careful, Ben," she said.
→ She told Ben …………………
3.   "I will get myself a drink," she says.
→ She says …………………….
4.   "Why haven't you phoned me?" he asked me.
→ He wondered …………………
5.   "I cannot drive them home," he said.
→ He said …………………….
6.   "Peter, do you prefer tea or coffee?" she says.
→ She asks Peter ……………….
7.   "Where did you spend your holidays last year?" she asked me.
→ She asked me …………………
8.   He said, "Don't go too far."
→ He advised her ………………..
9.   "Have you been shopping?" he asked us.
→ He wanted to know ………………
10."Don't make so much noise," he says.
→ He asks us ……………………..

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More